Author Topic: XAMPP MySQL Apache instance  (Read 4557 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
XAMPP MySQL Apache instance
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:08 AM »
Not many users are aware of the XAMPP system. For those who don’t know XAMPP is Apache’s  distribution that contains major packages like MySQL, Apache server, PHP, PhpMyAdmin, OpenSSL and lot more. Although I run Ruby on rails on the classic Apache and MySQL (installed from Synaptic) I prefer using XAMPP for most of the other applications.
Problem

When the users installs MySQL and Apache server from Synaptic, it automatically gets added to the system startup services. Hence by default these two services will execute. When you try to start XAMPP, it will throw an error saying that the MySQL and Apache daemon are already running. Since we have already covered on how to disable startup service in linux, we are not going to do the same now. Instead this post guides on how to disable the default services and run XAMPP successfully.

Exact Problem message : XAMPP: Another web server daemon is already running. XAMPP: Another MySQL daemon is already running.
Solution

Earlier we used to stop a service by /etc/init.d/mysql stop and /etc/init.d/apache2 stop commands, but these commands are deprecated in some distributions. The best way to stop these services is using the service utility. The commands are

sudo service mysql stop
    sudo service apache2 stop
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection