Author Topic: How to Change Background Image in GTalk  (Read 5064 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
How to Change Background Image in GTalk
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
This tutorial is on how to change the background image of Gtalk without using any third party software. You would have seen several themes for Gtalk (in the Settings -> Appearance ) , each of the theme has its own stylesheet that can be edited by the user. We use this feature to add background image, change color of fonts or perform any other CSS trick.
How to Add Background Image in Gtalk

Open Gtalk and find out which theme you are using. (Click on settings in Gtalk window and select Appearance tab). The name of the theme appears below Chat Theme. gtalk How to Change Background Image in GTalk
    Open My Computer and navigate to “C:Documents and Settings” ( Where C: is the Windows installation drive)
    Now browse through the folder which has the computer name as directory name.gtalk folder How to Change Background Image in GTalk
    Now again browse to “Local SettingsApplication DataGoogleGoogle Talkthemessystemchat”
    Now you can see the list of the themes that you saw in the Settings-> Appearance, open the folder with the name of the present theme. gtalk themes How to Change Background Image in GTalk
    Now can browse through “ContentsResources”.
    Now copy the background image to this folder and note down the file name. (In mycase its image.jpg)
    Open the file named “main.css” with any text editor such as notepad.
    In the BODY tag add the code “background-image: url(image.jpg)” (Incase your file name is not image.jpg , replace it with the file name you are using) gtalk image How to Change Background Image in GTalk
    Save the file and close.

Note: You can also change the font – color by replacing the color option in the first line of BODY Tag.
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection