Author Topic: Find your friends gmail password  (Read 4339 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
Find your friends gmail password
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Gtalk stores its account information in the Windows Registry, that too in text format. Everything in it except the password in unencrypted.

I wonder how Google considers this as a safety measure. Though we cannot view the password directly from Windows registry, we can use the encrypted password to login to gtalk or gmail, even without knowing the actual password.

Here is the step by step guide to get an encrypted password from another computer and use it to login in your computer.

Note: You need to have access to the other computer to get the encrypted text, however if you are good in programming, you can use your skills in making a bot which can retrieve the encrypted passwords and mail to your inbox. Also you can access their encrypted password, if the user has chosen to remember his password atleast once during sign in.

In friend’s System

Open “Run” windows, this can be done by clicking on “Start menu” or pressing “Window Key + R”.
    Type “regedit” and Click on “OK”

This will open the Windows Registry Editor.
    Select the Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Then under that select HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Google -> Google Talk -> Accounts
    This will list the accounts he that person the logged in with his computer.
    Open the account you want to get password, in my case I have selected rkdperil@gmail.com
    In the right panel you can see the Field “pw” , this contains the encrypted password of that gmail account.

This encrypted password is independent of the computer used.
    So this password can be copied to some other computer and we can login through this.

In Your System

Open Gtalk, in the login form , type your friend’s id and some temporary password and select “ Remember Password“
    Click on Sign in button, the login will fail.
    Now open your Windows Registry and goto the gtalk account information folder (HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Google -> Google Talk -> Accounts)
    Locate your friend’s email id there, select it. You double click the “pw” field can see some random value.
    Now replace it with the encrypted password you got from your friend’s computer and paste it here.
    Download a gTalk password recovery software, there are lots of such tool available.
    Run the recovery program and it will successfully decrypt you friend’s password.
    That’s it. You are done.
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection