Author Topic: Fix Ubuntu Audio Problem in Sony Vaio  (Read 5289 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
Fix Ubuntu Audio Problem in Sony Vaio
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:03:41 AM »
Ubuntu is notorious for its audio problems. Both Desktop PCs as well as laptops mostly fail to recognize the audio device. This post is specifically meant for solving the audio problem in Ubuntu in Sony Vaio laptops.
Reason for failed Audio

Ubuntu 10.04 is loaded with the old version of ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) , which fails to play most of the audio devices. To solve this problem simply upgrade to the latest version of ALSA and reboot.

How to Upgrade ALSA Driver

One of the blogger has given a detailed instruction on how to upgrade the ALSA driver. I strongly recommend you to follow the instructions (http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/05/02/upgrade-alsa-1-0-23-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10-04/). Once you follow the instructions in the link above do the following steps.

Add this code into the repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
    Update the repository
    Then in the terminal enter the following code sudo apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-2.6.32-22-generic
    (In the above code, change the version accordingly)
    In the terminal enter sudo apt-get install linux-backports-alsa-2.6.32-22-generic
    Reboot the machine
    By default the volumes will be low, so open any sound mixer and increase the volume ( You can use alsaconf , pulse audio or the inbuilt audio configure window)
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection